The Sustainable Electronics Reuse & Recycling Standard (R2v3) is a stringent set of requirements for the management and processing of used electronics. This standard is supported by major electronic OEM’s, the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI), public interest groups, the US EPA, and US state and local governments. It is a voluntary certification, and companies that have earned it have demonstrated that they follow strict guidelines for handling, processing, and disposal of electronic waste.
United Electronic Recycling is R2V3 certified, having passed rigorous audits by an independent third party to evaluate recycling practices in more than 50 operational and environmental performances.
R2 Certification Customer Benefits
- Data destruction processes are reviewed and validated by an independent party periodically
- Full tracking of throughput in the recycling process
- Guards downstream flow of the recycling chain
- Reduced environmental and human health impacts from improper recycling
- Supporting the move towards a circular economy
- Continual third-party audits performed
- Complies with domestic and international laws
A Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS) certification is the standard for quality, environmental, and health & safety management systems. The RIOS management system creates a framework for facilities to monitor and ensure compliance with all jurisdictional environmental regulations. With RIOS recyclers are able to more effectively manage their system, which results in stronger health and safety programs, greater environmental responsibility, and better operational efficiency.