We are currently looking for fulltime team members to process electronic recycling material. Material Handler (Sorter Laborers) hand sort recyclable materials from the electronic recycling stream. Sorters are responsible for ensuring the materials are sorted and properly place in designate containers/area, and unacceptable materials are removed.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas according to type, size, condition, color, or grade.
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Dump boxes and containers of material into designated area(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and climbing) in warehouse environment.
- Exhibit the ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or to adjust shift when necessary.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with other personnel and management. Must possess the ability to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals, and safety training.
- 8 am – 4:30 pm
- This position is contract with option to become a direct employee
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.